Winter warmer with amazing nutrition with brain boosting omega 3 rich salmon and Greek grains.
Baked Salmon and Greek Grains
1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt
ground almonds, toasted pumpkin seeds and cashews
buckwheat 1/2 cup
1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
1. Put oven on at 220 degrees place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet covered in tinfoil, drizzle over the lemon juice and add a pinch of salt and bake in the oven for 20 mins
2. Slice the baby potatoes into slices and add a tbsp of garlic butter and place in the oven for 40 mins
3. Add baby tomatoes into the oven to bake
4. Take half a cup of buckwheat grains and add 1 cup of cold water and cook until all the water is soaked in the add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil stir, then add a tsp of pesto and houmous.
5. Take the salmon out of the oven and top with houmous, sprinkle the crushed nuts and feta cheese then drizzle the pesto over and place back in the oven.
6. Get some brocolli and break up and place in the oven for 10 mins.
7. Take the tomatoes and potatoes out of the oven and chopped a few up and add to the buckwheat grains and some feta cheese then place in the plate. Add the baked tomatoes, potato slices and broccoli, finally place the salmon fillet on top of the grains.
one amazingly delicious but healthy balanced meal.
Here are some facts as to why this is a superfood dish.
Salmon is one of those super foods you should have in your diet at least once a week amazing for the skin, brain and mood to name a few.
I teamed this up with some Greek style grains called buckwheat. This is another superfood helping reduce the risk of breast cancer and also a great substitute for meat if you are a vegetarian or vegan.
Benefits Of Buckwheat And Its Side Effects
Buckwheat is a highly nutritional substitute for wheat. As it is filled with fiber, protein, antioxidants, and aromatic compounds, it can help with a host of ailments. It is known for preventing certain types of cancer, aiding digestion and helping with constipation, preventing heart disease, managing diabetes, boosting the immune system, reducing gallstones, improving bone health, preventing asthma, and preventing anemia. It is highly rich in protein and can even be used as a substitute for meat, making it a great source of protein for vegetarians and vegans alike. It is also known for improving cognitive function.
#moodfitnutritionalplan #diet #loseweight #nutrition #fitmom #healthymom #kidsloveit #singlemom #foodblogger #food #depression #diabetes #singlemom #singlmomlife #mummyblogger #mumsni #nimums #networkingmums